Cover & Excerpt
by Shari Nichols
Ravens Hollow Book One
Determined MBI (Magickal Bureau of investigations) agent Alex Denopoulos will stop at nothing to catch a killer, including recruit notorious felon, Willow McCray to work for the agency. The lines between duty and passion become blurred the more time he spends with the sultry witch. In the midst of the investigation, they succumb to the dark edges of desire, placing both their lives in danger. Alex will risk more than his badge to keep her alive.
Kick-ass witch Willow must use her powers for good if she wants to stay out of Hellios, a mage prison for those who have broken the Wiccan Rede of ‘Harm ye None.’ Willow never expects to fall so hard for Alex, a mortal with a penchant for justice and a deep seated hatred of witches. Though a future together seems impossible, she doesn’t want to let him go. Can she vanquish the evil surrounding them and give Alex her mind and body before she loses her heart and maybe her soul?
Genre: Paranormal RomancePurchase link(s): EC Amazon ARe Kobo B&N
Content/Theme(s): Witch, Special Agent, Psychic, Magic, Assassins
Release Date: November 19, 2014
Publisher: Ellora's Cave
Giveaway, Excerpt, Playlist & More
Willow took a sip of her margarita and glanced down at Alex’s big hands, tanned and sprinkled with a smattering of dark hair. Funny, she never found a man’s hands sexy. Suddenly her mind filled with images of Alex trailing those big, masculine hands over her body. She wondered if he fit the stereotype. Big hands, big…
“You never did answer my question. Are you considering taking me up on my offer?” The sound of his voice pulled her from a host of fantasies. Willow dug her nails into her palm to get her head back in the game. She shouldn’t be thinking about this man in such a raw, sexual way.
“Why not? My car’s parked in the back.” She probed through the nearby crowd to check if Alex came here with bodyguards. A virtual cacophony of conversations invaded her thoughts, but nothing about protection for Alex. Once she got him alone, she’d take her chances and pray she wouldn’t be outnumbered. “Then let’s get out of here. Unless of course I’ve got some competition.” He motioned over her shoulder to the incubus whose head now lolled forward over the bar.
“I think you’re flying solo here.” She’d set her trap and let the consequences be damned. She rubbed her finger along the rim of the glass and licked off the salt.
She lifted the glass to her lips, savoring the tangy flavor of margarita mix along with the zing of tequila as it slid down her throat. Headrush. No surprise there, she couldn’t remember the last time she’d slept or eaten in the past forty-eight hours, existing on a combination of raw nerves and pure adrenaline.
“You missed a spot.” He ran his thumb along the seam of her lip. He put it to his mouth and licked. “Mmm, sweet.” Her plan didn’t involve foreplay…but damn he was hot. In another time and another place she would be seriously into this guy. Too bad I might have to kill him.
Shari Nichols' Top Ten Witches
- Samantha from Bewitched was always my favorite! She was pretty, funny and she knew how to keep Endora in line and had Darren wrapped around her finger.
- Sally from Practical Magic. She’s strong, loyal, kind and she’ll do anything to protect her girls, her aunts, and her sister from harm.
- Phoebe Halliwell from Charmed. I love her ability of premonition. This is the same gift my heroine Willow has, which makes her near and dear to me.
- Mariketa from Wicked Deeds on a Winters Night by Kresley Cole. She’s a red head coincidentally like Willow and has super cool abilities. She’s a necromancer, which means she can garner her magic from a mirror. She can also put her sexy werewolf lover in his place.
- Rhiannon from Wicked Magic by Cheyenne McCray. She can feel what a victim experiences at the time of their murder by a soul sucking witch. Willow experiences that same type of torture, which is why she’s recruited to work for a secret crime agency.
- I love Bronwyn from Charmed and Dangerous by Candace Havens. She’s the coolest kick-ass witch out there. I adore her.
- I love Mia from Face the Fire by Norah Roberts. Her magic is subtle, but powerful. She uses glamours, potions and charms. She’s strong and smart.
- I love Nell inDance Upon The Air. She’s been abused and comes out of it stronger and healthier than most women would. Her magick is in her food. That woman can cook!
- I love the character of Joanna on Witches of East End. That show is so great. She’s got a multitude of cool powers. She’s a formidable opponent!
- Hermione Grainger from the Harry Potter series. She’s loyal, tough and smart!
- "March"- George Tandy, Jr.
- "Latch"- Acoustic-Sam Smith
- "A Girl Like You"- Edwyn Collins
- "Blame"- Calvin Harris, John Newman
- "Clarity"- Zedd, Foxes
- "Dangerous"- Bigdata, Joywave
- "Do I Wanna Know"- Artic Monkey
Tour Wide Giveaway
Win $20 Amazon or B&N gift card
Ends January 20, 2015 11:59 pm
Enter at: www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/5150eefc106
Find Shari Nichols at:
Shari Nichols on Instagram
Shari Nichols Google+ page
Shari Nichols Pinterest page
Shari Nichols Facebook page
Shari Nichols Goodreads author page
Shari Nichols Amazon author page
More Shari Nichols on Cover Reveals
Interested in this book? Let your friends and family know about it. Use the buttons below to share this post with them.