This blog is an 18+ blog whose purpose is to help authors get the word out about their new, recent, and upcoming releases. This is not a review site. Nor are we monetarily compensated for featuring covers, excerpts, and/or book trailers. We would however appreciate a reciprocal link and your help in promoting this site.
If you'd like to have your book or ebook cover art, blurb, an excerpt, and/or book trailer featured on this blog, we'll be happy to consider it.
At this time, we will only be featuring romance and its sub-genres as well as urban fantasy and fantasy titles (no YA please) and a few other select genres from some of our favorite authors. In the future, we will be adding other genres as well. So please do not submit a request for any genre other than romance, a romance sub-genre, urban fantasy, or fantasy.
Guidelines and Submission Instructions
- We reserve the right to post the covers we feel are appropriate for this site. This means not all requests will be accepted.
- In order to generate the most interest and excitement for your upcoming release, you may request your cover art be revealed one day, your excerpt revealed a week or two later, and your book trailer revealed a week or two later. This is only available for upcoming releases.
- Only upcoming, new and recent releases within the past three months to next six months will be considered. And only for novellas, novels, and anthologies – no short stories (less than 14,000 words).
- If you do not receive a reply to your request to be featured on Cover Reveals within 48 hours, please send a quick email asking if we received your request. We are finding Gmail is quarantining several request emails in the spam folder on their server so the emails never make it to our email program.
- You may attach your cover art to your email however, providing a link to where the cover art is displayed is preferable. A link to the cover art on any site other than Goodreads, the book’s publisher or the author’s website cannot be accepted.
- You may attach your book trailer to the email or provide a link to it. YouTube links are acceptable and preferred.
- We will try to accommodate your requested appearance date. However, due to the volume of requests, your date may not be available. Therefore, we will also ask for an alternate date as well as dates not to post before and after.
- Please do not make any requests for dates more than 6 months (180 days) in the future.
- Please make sure your blurb and excerpt (if applicable) are edited because they will appear as they are provided. We will not be checking them for grammar or spelling mistakes.
- We do not offer giveaways or use Linky on our site. However if you are giving away a copy of your title on your site and would like us to note it in the post, please indicate the link and the ending date and time in the 'Any special notes/comments about your request:' field.
- In most cases your post will appear on Cover Reveals before 1 am Eastern U.S. time on the date of your appearance. Not responsible for Blogger issues, power issues, or internet connectivity issues.
- A note about promotion: We will send out a minimum of 6 tweets about your title's appearance on our site. Since the posts do not get deleted, we continue to tweet about your post weekly, if not more. The most viewed posts are the ones the authors and/or requestors take an active role in promoting. By telling the author's fans and followers via tweets, on Facebook, on the author's blog, etc. as well as retweeting the @CoverReveals tweets about the post, the post will have the best chance of working for you as a promotional/marketing tool. We have several posts that appeared back in Dec and Jan that still get quite a few daily page views because the author and we continue to actively promote the post.
- Important: Incomplete requests will not be considered nor will you receive an email asking for missing information. The request volume simply will not allow for this. So please be careful and provide all the information and file attachments or links as necessary.
To request an appearance of any cover, excerpt and/or book trailer on Cover Reveals, the following information must be provided in an email sent to CoverRevealsRequests@gmail.com with a subject of "Request: (your title)":
*Series Name and book no. (if applicable):
*Link to publisher's page:
*Book length: (Novella, Novel, or Anthology)
*Preferred post date:
*Alternate post date:
*Do not post before date:
*Do not post after date:
Cover art attached or link to cover art on Goodreads, publisher, or author website:
Excerpt (if applicable and subject to truncation):
Link to book trailer or trailer attached (if applicable):
*Does your book include any of the following:
*BDSM with permanent scarring?
*Wet play (other than cum)?
*Sex with a character under 18?
*Places the author may be found on the internet (provide all that apply):
Author Facebook page:
Author Goodreads Profile page:
Author Amazon Profile page:
The author may also provide the title, cover art (or link to), and link to more information or purchase for up to three past releases to be showcased at the bottom of the post:
Does the author have another release scheduled within the next 12 months? If so, title and approximate release date:
We have been doing more personalized tweets about the titles being featured with much success. We try to send out at least 6 tweets on the day your title appears. So please provide 2, or more, 35 character (including spaces) teasers for your book and 2, or more, 50 character teasers (including spaces) we can use to create tweets from. Do not include your twitter handle or title as we will be adding these along with hash tags later. If you do not use twitter, we still need your teasers as this is the only way we promote the posts that appear on the site at this time.
*Twitter handle (for example @CoverReveals):
35 character teasers (including spaces)
50 character teasers (including spaces)
Would you like a link to the author's website or blog placed on the Author Links page? What is the link you would prefer to be used? Will you be providing a link back to Cover Reveals on this site? (There is a button in the right sidebar on every page of the site if you'd like to use that code. A smaller version is also available.)
Any special notes/comments about your request:
*Request submitted by (name):
*Your relationship to the author:
*Email questions should be sent to:
*Email confirmation of scheduled post date should be sent to:
Send info and attachments via email to CoverRevealsRequests@gmail.com with a subject of "Request: (your title)"